Grilled Lamb Chops
- 2 pieces lamb chops
- 1 to 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 leaves basil, shredded
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil for marination
- Butter for finishing
– Remove the fat from the bones
– Place the lamb chops on a paper towel and pat them dry
– Season well with salt and pepper and flavor the lamb chops with herbs (thyme 1, rosemary basil)
– Drizzle oil on the meat and set aside
– Heat the grilling pan over medium high heat. In the pan, place the lamb chops narrow fat side down. You probably will need tongs to keep them balanced and to press the lamb chops down so that the fat renders. It will take about 5 minutes.
– Lay the lamb chops flat on their sides once the fat has melted into the pan.
– Cook for another 3 minutes, until browned, then turn and cook on the other side.
– Turn the heat to medium-low. Pour out most of the fat using a spoon, then add 2 tablespoons of butter, garlic and thyme.
– Stir well until the butter foams, and spoon the butter over the lamb for about a minute.
– Place the lamb chops in a serving plate and serve with & zucchini and pepper caponata.
Zucchini & Pepper Caponata
- 5 tablespoons EV olive oil
- ½ cup eggplant, unpeeled, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup medium onions, cubed
- ½ cup cubed zucchini
- ½ cup cubed mixed bell peppers
- 1 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ diced tomatoes without seeds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ tablespoons capers
- ½ tablespoon chopped olive (black & green)
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon roasted pine seed
- Salt & black pepper to taste
– Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat
– Add onions and garlic, and sauté until soft
– Add eggplant and cook until soft
– Mix zucchini, bell peppers and cook for about 8 minutes.
– Add diced tomatoes, then red wine vinegar, chopped olive & capers.
– Cover and simmer until eggplant and onions are very tender, stirring occasionally, for about 12 minutes.
– Season caponata with salt and pepper
– Flavor with fresh basil and dried oregano, mix roasted pine seed and finish with extra virgin olive oil